Akilam International, a US founded Veteran Owned Small Business, is a single point solution provider for all business sectors. Akilam International was created by a group of ambitious, proactive, value driven and solution focused professionals with significant and diverse experience within the Middle East and Mediterranean regions.
General Services Description – Fabrication (AKL-012-031)
Our aim is to provide local, single source, operations and support services to Oil and Gas and other industries within the Middle East and Mediterranean region. Many international companies rely on local experience to streamline operations and increase project efficiency. Our focus is to develop positive business relationships by supplying an enhanced service to maximize quality, safety, and profitability to our clients.
Partnered with Kalepan, one of the industry leaders in the region, we use a variety of experience and knowledge to provide the highest quality of service for your specialised needs.
With 25 years’ experience, Kalepan has gained a wide array of experience in a multitude of engineering and fabrication fields. Our work scope includes but not limited to:
- Design of new products or reverse engineering of previous designs.
- All types of metal works including, structural beam fabrication and installation, stainless steel, sheet steel and aluminium fabrication.
- Design, fabrication, testing and commissioning of overhead travel and bridge style cranes spanning up to 30M and loads up to 25T (single or multi-hoist)
- Design, fabrication and installation of motorized valves up to 4’ diameter
- Modular, belt, roller, chain, monorail and combination conveyors
- Axial air fans up to 50HP
- Ship shaft repair (up to 4T) – Hot metal spraying, turning and assembly
- Stainless steel fabrications with surface finishing
- Repair of marine gearboxes and propellers
- Shot blasting and paint work
- ISO compliant QMS systems
The Kalepan shop, located in Limassol has a 2000 m2 working area and an additional 250 m2 of warehousing and storage. In addition, we have the following equipment at our disposal:
- 10T overhead travel crane
- Three lathes (max turn Dia. 63”, max workpiece weight 4T)
- CNC Laser Amada capable of cutting up to 10mm steel, max plate size 2.5M X 1.25M
- Three milling machines and keep a tool stock capable of most milling projects.
- 12 Spindle Multi-drill
- Press break capable of 3M max length, 6MM thickness
- Shear machine capable of 4M max length and 8MM thickness
- Broaching machine, internal keyways up to 20MM wide
- Plate rolls (max thickness 16MM), Two 300T hydraulic presses, Pinch Rollers
- Welders: 2 Hobart Arc (600AMPS), Hobart Tig (400AMPS), Kempi Mig (400AMPS), Fronius Mig (400AMPS), Essab Mig (250AMPS)
- Three cut off saw machines
- 2T fork lift
Oxy-acetylene torch cutting sets including motorised linear and round cutting carriers
J. Riley Hughes
Mr. J. Riley Hughes started his career in the US Marines as an infantry forward observer. Once he received his honorable discharge in 2000 he began working on vessels in the research and yachting fields. After gaining experience he continued to work in the oil and gas market in offshore geophysical before settling in with SGS upstream, working on the new projects team in the Middle East and Asia. After working with the global team for 2 years team he was assigned the role of Erbil, Iraq location manager from 2010 to 2016. Parting ways with SGS in 2018 and forming a new company with a group of experienced oil and gas professionals, Akilam International.
Mr. Steven Dobbs joined the British Army in 1979 and retired with an honorable discharge in 2001. In his active duty he was deployed multiple times to regions including the Middle East and Europe.
Since military retirement he has helped develop multiple international companies with his experience and now has joined Akilam’s Middle East team.